CHILD deed poll POSTER.png

Today, Baraka UK Deed Poll is proud to offer the Child Deed Poll Application Service (with parental consent).

👶🏽 Can I change my child’s name?
A child’s legal name can easily be changed by Deed Poll providing everyone with parental responsibility (PR) for the child consents to the name change.

Deed of Change of Name (more commonly known as a Deed Poll) is a written legal document, not a simple certificate.

By executing the Deed Poll (signing, dating and having it witnessed) on behalf of your son or daughter, you are committing yourself to:

1. Abandoning the use of his/her former name
2. Using his/her new name at all times
3. Requiring all persons to address him/her by his/her new name

At Baraka UK Deed Poll, we deliver a proven and trusted service to make sure your child’s Deed Poll is delivered legally and professionally, carrying our official seal, saving you time and money. By using our service, legally changing your child’s name by Deed Poll is easy, straight forward and stress-free.

Baraka UK Deed Poll, once signed by the parent(s) having parental responsibility and co-signed by a witness, is a documentary evidence that you have changed your child’s name and that you are legally binding to using his/her new name. Therefore, it will enable you to apply for a his/her passport, and change his/her name at school, GP Surgery, Bank, etc. A Deed Poll drafted by Baraka UK Deed Poll is an English legal document, and is recognised by all UK Government Departments and UK companies and organisations.

Please note: Parental responsibility is a legal term; it means that you are responsible for, and have the right to be consulted about, the child’s health, education, religion and welfare. To change a child’s name, those with parental responsibility must consent to the name change.

In the United Kingdom, the mother always has PR, the father will also have PR if:

➡️ England & Wales: Married to the mother at birth, or named on the birth certificate from 1st December 2003.
➡️ Northern Ireland: Married to the mother at birth, or named on the birth certificate from 15th April 2002.
➡️ Scotland: Married to the mother at any time after birth, or named on the birth certificate from 4th May 2006.
➡️ No Authority (such as the Passport Office, School, GP surgery, etc.) would allow a child to be known by another name without satisfying themselves that everyone with parental responsibility has consented to the name change. For more information regarding PR, please refer to the UK Government website.

PLEASE NOTE: If both parents have parental responsibility, but consent from one parent i.e. the mother or father cannot be obtained, unfortunately Baraka UK Deed Poll cannot issue a Deed Poll for this child. In this case, the parent who wish to change the name of his/her child can decide to apply for a Specific Issue Court Order. If you want to instruct a lawyer, you can find a Solicitor accredited by the Law Society.




Tel: 0116 215 3392
Mob: 07815500826

Aisha Barbara Farina, BSc (Hons), BAIS, MCIL
PNG Baraka-Deed-Poll-Logo




big safebuy